Digital Vs Film Photography
Before digital technology solely photographic film was used for picture taking. While digital cameras have enabled a speedier process and a lot more room for error, the quality of a professional film photograph can no Film Photography apparel be matched for the price. Hence, there are advantages and disadvantages of digital photography.
Although the price and convenience of digital photography has resulted in digital cameras outselling film cameras since 2002, we will never see film cameras become completely unavailable. Photographic film and equipment will continue to be an option for enthusiasts. Picture taking is an art form for many who would not think of going digital. They will use time and money to convert their end product to digital in order to share their photos. Much like digital users use time and money getting good prints of their photos!
Digital photography offers many advantages over Film photography;
– Pictures are available for instant review. Additional pictures can be taken instantly in the event of a problem.
– There are virtually no costs to capturing and sharing photos via email and storing on a computer without printing.
– Photos can be copied from one digital medium to the next without loss of quality.
– Ability to print photos at home using consumer grade paper or email photos to be printed professionally.
– Ability to capture hundreds of photos rather than changing film after 24 to 36 shots.
– Increasingly common anti-shake functionality. This allows for sharper handheld photos rather than using a tripod.
– A smaller sensor format which allows for smaller lenses, wider zoom lenses and greater depth of field.
– Ability to change ISO speed settings in the middle of shooting. In film photography the ISO speed is loaded so you must change film to change speeds.
– Ability to convert the same photo from color to black and white, sepia, etc.
– Stored digitally therefore there is no risk of fading or losing photo quality over time.
– Ability to manipulate photos using computer software
Disadvantages of Digital photography as compared to Film photography;